INTRODUCING THE LEADING PARENT PARTNERSHIP AWARD AT ABBEY HILL
Abbey Hill has achieved the Leading Parent Partnership Award. The LPPA is a nationally recognised award achievable by schools who work very closely with the families of their pupils. The assessment is made by an external advisor.
What we had to do to achieve the LPPA award?
- The school demonstrates a commitment to work towards the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
- The school makes and implements effective plans to achieve and maintain the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
- The school is a welcoming and friendly place for parents.
- The school promotes an awareness of and participation in lifelong learning opportunities available in school and in the community to all groups of parents.
- The school holds and actively promotes enrichment opportunities or events for joint parent/child participation.
- The school provides good induction for all new parents.
- The school provides parents with relevant and user-friendly guidance and information to help them support their children’s learning.
- The school produces and implements parent friendly policies to establish effective home school links and improve pupil/student attendance, punctuality, behaviour and progress and positive participation in school.
- The school provides good support for transition for parents when their children leave the school.
- The school evaluates performance against the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
What difference will it make to the work we already do with families at Abbey Hill?
It will get even better! By consulting with parents and reviewing our work, we’ll improve our standards and achieve the LPPA!
What can families do to help Abbey Hill achieve the award?
- Read all newsletters and publicity we send out
- Come along to our events if you can
- Complete any questionnaires we send out as honestly as you can