Green Gates Academy is a primary school for pupils ranging from year 1 to year 6. Pupils attending our school have an Education Health Care Plan due to their social, emotional and mental health difficulties. Some of the conditions our pupils are diagnosed with are ADHD, Attachment, Sensory Processing Disorder, ODD, ADD and Mental Health difficulties. We presently offer 50 places in our academy.
Experienced and dedicated staff ensure that the individual needs of each pupil are met. Staff recognise that each child is different, and staff access a range of support from professionals for example: Educational Phycologist, Speech and Language Therapist, Occupational Therapist and a Play Therapist. This allows us as a school to put a wide range of different interventions in place when a child is struggling to deal with their emotions and manage their behaviour. These interventions allow our children to have:
- A stimulating and nurturing environment with small classes.
- A creative curriculum designed to inspire pupils to achieve their best.
- High expectations for all pupils.
- Access to a range of interventions to support the individual needs of all pupils
- Confident, polite, happy pupils that have a love for learning and want to be the best that they can.
- Highly skilled, dedicated and caring staff
- Mutual respect between pupils and staff.
- A clear pastoral system underpinned through clear boundaries and school rules
- High levels of progress and achievement for pupils
- Pupils that feel safe in a nurturing and supportive environment.
- Staff that are dedicated to working with the families of the children.
Academic achievement and developing each individual pupil’s thirst for learning is a priority. We prioritise this by ensuring all our pupils feel valued, safe and very important all the time. Pupil’s physical, emotional and mental well being is paramount, as is our desire to build confidence, resilience and creative individuals.
Mrs Melanie Lyons