The Trust's Academy Councils advise the Trust Board, through the Standards Committee, on matters relating to individual academy provision and achievement.
Academy Council (Complex Needs)
Membership is as follows:
- Director representative - Sian Wilson, Term of office 20.09.18-19.09.20.
- Parent governors - Vas Fagan, Term of office 01.01.18-31.12.19. Penny Walker, Term of office 11.02.19-10.02.21.
- Staff governor - Gill Hook, Term of office 01.01.19-31.12.19.
- Challenge governor - David Penny (David is an Executive Principal within the Trust), Term of office 01.01.19-31.12.19
- Co-opted governor - Chris Aitkin, Term of office 01.09.18-31.08.20 There is currently a vacancy for a co-opted governor.
The Principals of Abbey Hill Academy and Abbey Hill Academy Sixth Form attend meetings in an advisory capacity
The Chair of the Academy Council is Chris Aitkin.
Academy Council (SEMH)
Membership is as follows:
- Director representative - Colin Whittaker (Chair of the Finance & General Purposes Comimttee), Term of office 28.03.18-27.03.20
- Parent governor - Sandy Delahaye, Term of office 28.03.18-27.03.20. Karl Murtagh, Term of office 11.02.19-10.02.21.
- Staff governor - Bryony Scoffin, Term of office 28.03.18-27.03.19
- Challenge governor - Rebecca Whelan (Rebecca is Principal of Abbey Hill Academy), Term of office 28.03.18-27.03.19
- Co-opted governor - Verona Challinor, Term of office 28.03.18-27.03.20. There is currently a vacancy for a co-opted governor
The Executive Principal and Principals of Green Gates, Hollis and Westlands Academies attend meetings in an advisory capacity
The Chair of the Academy Council is Colin Whittaker
Academy Council Terms of Reference
As detailed in the Board of Directors' Terms of Reference, the remit of the Academy Councils are:
- To understand, be aware of and consider/monitor academy standards.
- To understand, be aware of and consider/monitor Academy Improvement Plans
- To have an understanding of, be aware of and consider the SEFs, including quality of PEPs as part of the outcomes for learners.
- To receive updates from Link Directors/Governors.
- To evaluate outcomes at each Academy level – this includes KPIs updates in relation to attendance, exclusion, racial incidents, parent/student questionnaires and Academy Improvement Plans.
- To review systems in place to ensure quality, safety and good practice.
- To monitor and evaluate quality assurance information.
- Monitoring viability of extended services and community needs (reporting to Directors accordingly).
- Understanding, awareness of and consideration of the curriculum
- To receive updates on learners’ experience in academies.
- To undertake a consultative role.
- In conjunction with Directors, contribute to the estate management strategy which will identify the suitability of building and facilities in the light of long term curriculum needs and the needs for, and availability of, capital investment.
- Follow policies for all staff, including contracts, terms and conditions as set by Directors.
- Contribute to Academy financial priorities.
- Monitor and ensure effective use of/impact of specific targeted resources, eg Sports Premium and Pupil Premium.
- To provide input at Academy level as to the need for any unplanned expenditure.
- To monitor quality of extended services and use of effectiveness and make recommendations to Directors .