HORIZONS SPECIALIST ACADEMY TRUST “To do more and to do it better”
Abbey Hill Academy
At Abbey Hill Academy our aim is for all students to feel valued and for them to achieve their potential in all areas of life: academic, social, emotional and physical development.
We aim to provide a safe, happy and caring environment within which everyone can thrive.
We set challenging targets for ourselves and students in order for our young people to develop as creative and innovative young citizens.
We provide equality of opportunity to all in the Academy.
We deliver a creative curriculum which meets the needs, abilities and interest of all learners.
Our extensive range of core and vocational key stage 4 qualifications is varied to suit individual needs.
- We are a caring, inclusive school in which all children receive the support they need.
- We develop supportive links with pupil’s families, the local community and outside agencies.
- Teaching and learning takes place in a positive, safe and attractive environment.
- Students have a strong voice in the life of the school.
- Students are encouraged to develop active and healthy lifestyles.
- We all value personal and educational achievement and appreciate that it is the key to success in later life.
- We are accepting and respectful of everyone in our school and the wider community.
- Students develop a set of moral values that enable them to make positive lifestyle choices.